Tools for Midwives – Forms, Templates & Resources
- Maternal Transport Form (PDF)
- Newborn Transport Form (PDF)
- Expanding Clinical Procedures Sample Form (PDF)
- QMP Self-Report Form for Midwives (PDF)
- Incident Report Complaint Form for Consumers and Healthcare Professionals Concerned about a Midwife's care (PDF)
- Charting Presentation by Karen Hays (PDF)
- Charting Examples (PDF)
- Forms for client charts designed by MAWS are available from Cascade Heatlhcare. These forms include: Registration, Prenatal Record, Antepartum Notes, Labor Flow Sheet, Labor Progress Events, Immediate Postpartum, Newborn Exam, Labor Summary and Postpartum Follow-up.
- Tips for a Healthy Pregnancy Client Handout from the WA Toxics Coalition
- ‘HIPAA for Midwifery 101’ by Brynne Potter, CPM
- The HIPAA Survival Guide
- HIPAA Privacy Essentials: Sample HIPAA Forms and policies from The OHIC Insurance Company and Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine
FREE Pamphlets & Posters from the Department of Health:
- For instructions on how to order FREE pamphlets and posters for your clients & waiting room, click here. (PDF)
- List of links to DOH publications related to Pregnancy, Infants and Children.
- List of links to DOH publications related to Birth Control and Family Planning.
- Materials to help your clients with Smoking Cessation.
- Complete list of links to all available DOH publications.
Risk Management JUA Resources:
Victoria Grace of QMA Risk Management LLC has assembled a broad set of information that will help midwives address topics such as HIPAA, cord blood law, and writing Policy, Procedure & Practice Guideline manuals, etc. You can find it under the Risk Management section of the JUA website, or you can directly access it here.
If you're scheduled for practice liability review this year, you will find these resources invaluable in getting prepped for the review. Liz Chalmers from the JUA highly encourages perusing all the sections before submitting any material to Victoria for review.
Even if you're not scheduled for review this year, you can take a moment to check out the resources and compare to the documentation you are currently using.
For updates on Clinical Issues, please visit our Practice Updates for Midwives webpage.