Join MAWS / Support MAWS
MAWS works for midwives and families by:
- Emphasizing the need to reduce unnecessary cesarean surgery
- Educating state legislators and drafting legislation
- Promoting fair reimbursement of midwives
- Helping to ensuring the stabilization of malpractice premiums
- Providing a forum for peer review at conferences and in local communities
- Offering semi-annual conferences with continuing education opportunities
- Offering a Quality Management Program
- Raising funds for a Public Education Campaign to educate the public about midwifery care and home and birth center birth options
- Fighting for fair midwifery licensing fees
- Promoting the increased utilization of licensed midwives at the local health level to address the OB access problem
- Bridge-building with other health care professionals
- Educating government agencies
- Articulating and promoting the Midwives Model of Care™
The Midwives' Association of Washington State is a non-profit organization formed to unite and organize midwives in Washington state, and to promote public and professional recognition of midwifery. Learn more about MAWS' goals and philosophy.
Our Membership year is January 1st to December 31st, renewable on January 1st of every year.
MAWS has two classes of membership - Professional and Associate. There are two options for Associate members.
- Professional Membership for Washington Licensed Midwives and Certified Nurse Midwives
- Associate Membership for providers of midwife-friendly services
- Associate Membership for Students and consumers/supporters